Honey Chilli Chicken recipe. This dish is a favourite from the Chinese takeaway but made healthier and just as delicious at home. The dish is comprised of sticky chinese inspired chicken with honey, chilli and ginger and is sure to make its way on to your weekly dinners list. The recipe is simple, made with ingredients you’ll likely already have in the cupboard, and really quick. It is also a lot healthier than a takeaway. The chicken is stir fried in a splash of oil, rather than being deep fried and my honey chilli chicken has a lot of vegetables, too.
If you liked my Honey Chilli Chicken recipe then try out my other Chicken Recipes or my similar recipe for Sesame Honey Chicken. I would love to see your recreations of my Honey Chilli Chicken – share them with me on Instagram.
Recipe – Honey Chilli Chicken
Difficulty level: Rookie
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 100ml honey
- 4 tablespoons garlic and chilli sauce (I used this one) or use sriracha (half the amount if you don’t like it too hot) and add one more clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Heaped tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Tablespoon (or more) chilli flakes
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- Packet of baby sweet corn, halved
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Boiled rice, egg fried rice or noodles, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Sunflower oil
- Put the sliced chicken in a large bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of cornflour and one of the grated garlic cloves. Mix well.
- For the sauce, to a jug add the honey, remaining garlic cloves, chilli sauce, dark soy sauce, Ginger and chilli flakes.
- Into a large frying pan or wok, add a drizzle of sunflower oil. Heat over a high heat and stir fry the chicken until browned (around 3-4 minutes)Ro
- When the chicken is nicely browned, add the peppers, baby corn and half the spring onions and stir fry for a minute more before pouring in the sauce.
- Pour 50ml of boiling water to the jug and mix in a tablespoon cornflour. Add this to the pan and bubble for a couple of minutes until the sauce is the consistency that you would like.
- Serve the Honey Chilli Chicken with the rice or noodles, sprinkled with the remaining spring onion, the fresh chillies and a teaspoon of sesame seeds.